What is a Family-Centered Medical Home?
The Medical Home is accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective care (AAP policy statement, 2002, reaffirmed 2008).
Which means our practice, as your Medical Home, is a central resource for all your child’s care needs. In a Medical Home, your doctor, nurse, or physician’s assistant and their staff who see your child for routine check-ups make you feel like you are the most important part of the health care team. You are welcome and invited to participate in all aspects of your child’s care.
As your Medical Home we will:
- Take care of your child when he or she is sick and well and help you all stay well
- Help you plan your child’s care and/or set goals for care, now and in the future
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment that your child needs
- Work with you and other providers to coordinate care
- Give you access to your child’s medical records through our patient portal